Welcome to Our Practice
We are happy to see you and hope that we make you comfortable while you’re here. We believe that everyone wants and deserves a healthy mouth and a beautiful smile and our goal is to help you achieve that.
We have an exceptional staff of experienced, dedicated and caring professionals who will strive to make your visits with us as pleasant as possible. We want you to know how much we appreciate you choosing to come to our office and we will work with you to achieve a healthy mouth.
You may be wondering what a periodontist is and why your general dentist or a friend has referred you to our office. While many general dentists are very good dental health professionals and offer treatments for many issues, the fact remains that a periodontal and implant specialist is often the best person to see for problems related to the gums and missing teeth. Dr. Anderson focuses on treatment of gum disease and dental implants. Committing to particular areas of dentistry increases the chances of successful treatments.
A periodontist is a dentist who specializes in treating gum disease and in the placement of implants. There are many aspects of gum disease, such as gum recession or root exposure. Periodontists have extensive training and education beyond dental school. You should consider seeing a periodontist if you experience any of the following symptoms
- Red, swollen or tender gums or other pain in your mouth
- Bleeding while brushing, flossing, or eating hard food
- Gums that are receding or pulling away from the teeth, causing them to look longer than before
- Loose or separating teeth
- Sores in your mouth
- You notice that your teeth don’t “fit” together like they used to when biting
- Partials or dentures seem to fit differently or have become loose
- Swelling or if you notice pus
- Bad breath that you can’t control